Title: Human Resources & Administration Coordinator
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Reports to: Director of Human Resources, Finance and Administration
Status: Full Time
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. (www.okspecialtyfruits.com) is a dynamic agriculture biotechnology company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that specializes in the development and market introduction of novel tree fruit varieties. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including the commercialization of our non-browning Arctic® apple varieties (www.arcticapples.com) in both the US and Canada.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to serve as a Human Resources (HR) & Administration Coordinator. This role will be responsible for day-to-day HR and Administration functions, as well as HR Operations initiative implementation for the company. The HR & Admin. Coordinator will also assist in managing the recruiting process for the Moses Lake Facility, working closely with the company’s Management Team and others to assist in the on-boarding of OSF employees. The ideal candidate for this position is highly organized and self-motivated with a strong desire for success, a positive attitude who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or other related degree/diploma; or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years of related human resources/recruiting experience.
- Experience working in a multi-national company preferred. (Specifically, Canada and the US)
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate and deliver upon the needs of the organization.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Always demonstrate the highest ethical standards and trustworthiness.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy with specific attention to details.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Ability and willingness to prioritize and realign priorities when situations change.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, in the face of difficult or dynamic circumstances.
- Handle a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, and prioritize effectively.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of dynamic situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Assist with the HR and administrative set up of the new facility.
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations, as well as compliance and application of Company HR processes and procedures.
- Assess and anticipate HR and Administration related needs.
- Address HR inquires, involving company management as needed. Act as the liaison between employees and management when appropriate in regard to employee relations, benefits inquiries, policy and procedure interpretation, Company HR processes, performance and / or behavior issues, and general inquires.
- Create and maintain positive professional relationships with all management and staff employees at the OSF Moses Lake Facility.
- Assisting with preparation and updating Company’s Employee Policies including the Policy Manual and other related documents.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the operations.
- Perform exit interviews with employees resigning or terminated from the Company.
- Work closely with management and staff to improve and maintain Company loyalty, positive working relationships, employee morale, increased productivity, and employee retention.
- Maintain and capture accurate and timely updates on recruiting.
- Provide a weekly report to supervisor with updates and appropriate information
- Assist with assessing recruitment needs and writing job descriptions.
- Assist with the management of the interview processes.
- Follow-up with Management following interviews to obtain status of candidates interviewed; and to collect all interview notes and materials.
- May be part of the verbal offer process.
- Assist with the creation of the offer letters for Moses Lake Facility candidates in accordance with Company policy.
- Act as Orientation Facilitator during Moses Lake Facility employees’ first day with OSF.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.