Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Summerland, BC
Reporting to: Marcy Keehn, Director of Human Resources, Finance and Administration
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication, and innovative science.
Okanagan Specialty Fruits® (OSF) is a vertically integrated company specializing in the development, growing, processing, and marketing of novel tree fruit varieties developed through bioengineering and other molecular tools. Based in Summerland, British Columbia, Canada, OSF was founded in 1996 and acquired by an affiliate of Third Security, LLC in 2020. OSF’s flagship product is its nonbrowning Arctic® apples. Arctic apples provide a sustainable solution to less food waste and improved apple consumption. For consumer information, visit www.arcticapples.com; for company information and partnership opportunities, visit www.okspecialtyfruits.com.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for working closely with team members across multiple departments on a diverse array of tasks and responsibilities, most notably those pertaining to HR, Sales, Marketing, Logistics and Operations. This role will focus largely on successfully completing regular support activities under the direction of Directors and Managers, absorbing pertinent clerical and analytical responsibilities with the goal of enabling them to put more focus towards high-level strategic responsibilities.
OSF is a fast-growing company in need of regular evaluation, maintenance and evolution of its processes, the Administrative Assistant will play a central role in supporting all administrative functions across the company as well as office management. This position will also increasingly take ownership of numerous other day-to-day admin functions previously handled by OSF’s Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Business Administration or commensurate experience; graduate experience preferred.
- 5 years of experience with administrative responsibilities.
- A demonstrated track record of accountability regarding timely completion of projects and tasks.
- Enthusiastic, positive energy and self-motivated work ethic that aligns with the company’s entrepreneurial attitude.
- Goal- and team-oriented mentality that enables candidate to effectively coordinate tasks and activities with other team members while also setting and achieving measurable goals.
- Excellent communication abilities, including full English fluency, professionalism via email, over the phone and in person, and the capability to digest complex subject material and customize messages for diverse audiences.
- Well-suited to a vigorous, fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills consistently accompanied by stringent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with a wide array of digital programs, including Microsoft Office Suites (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) as a mandatory strength, and Adobe, CRM & ERP platforms, and various file management programs being noteworthy assets.
- Play a lead role in the majority of OSF’s administrative activities, including but not limited to key involvement in management of general email accounts, phone systems, coordination and maintenance of standard documents and forms, office-related shipping and orders, document database management, schedule/calendar oversight, event support, and other tasks as required.
- Provide administrative assistance to other team members for travel activities and other business needs as requested.
- Skillfully maintain comprehensive contact and document databases and spreadsheets, as well as general event schedules.
- Manage our head office space, scheduling meeting room usage, ordering supplies, accepting deliveries, overseeing office safety plans and annual safety inspections, organizing yard maintenance and alarm system maintenance.
- Provide support for onboarding new employees.
- Support and take a lead role in various day-to-day activities across multiple platforms.
- Ensure that communications activities are accurate and consistent with OSF’s strategies, key messages, and brand personality.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.